Benefits of Nabas Membership
Become a member of NABAS and you will receive all these benefits:
Support in running your business
- Employers Liability Limit Of Indemnity £10,000,000
- Public/Products ** Limit of Indemnity £5,000,000 (in aggregate for Products)
- Professional Indemnity Limit of Indemnity £100,000
- The policy covers up to £5 million. The combined liability insurance cover is for UK retail and decorating businesses only and provides cover for those working for the firm or trader with balloons and related accessories, both at the firm’s premises and working away at different venues
- The employer’s liability is limited to members with no more than ten employees at any one time. Members who have more than ten employees at any one time can be included for an additional premium per employee.
- The insurance cover is intended for members where balloons comprise a major part of the business, however the insurance also covers a wide range of party/wedding products. Provisional members are not entitled to insurance cover. Please contact NABAS for further information.
- Legal helpline – if you need legal advice for a business or private problem you can call the helpline for up to five telephone consultations per year.
- NABAS support Helplines – this is available between 9am-5pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) for any membership enquiries or any other balloon-related questions you may have. If we are not able to answer your question straightaway then we will put you in touch with a committee member who we think will be able to help.
- Sample documentation for booking and confirming your clients’ events with Terms and Conditions.
- Guidelines and Code of Conduct for Balloon Releases.
- Vehicle gas warning sticker.
Public & Employer liability insurance
** Specific Products Liability is excluded in respect to any retail activity at indoor/outdoor markets and the like.
The law requires that as a business you must have adequate liability insurance cover. This is included in NABAS membership for all UK & Ireland retailer/decorators (full and associate).
Opportunities to promote your business
- Membership of NABAS gives you credibility within the industry and wide-ranging promotion via the NABAS website. All associate and full members are listed by location and speciality, with the opportunity for each to provide a short write up detailing the services they offer.
- Public referrals through the NABAS Secretariat, national advertising and website
- A free full colour A4 promotional leaflet to use with customers with order form for further low cost supplies
- NABAS logo available by email for use on your own publicity
- Membership Certificate to display.
Information, news and networks to help you develop your business
- Two magazines on alternate months will keep you up to date with industry developments:
- Balloonies is our quarterly in-house magazine featuring contributions from members, news and reviews on industry events and issues, handy tips and useful contact numbers.
- Progressive Party is a bi-monthly glossy to keep you inspired with the latest balloons, costumes and party products.
- Networking opportunities – attending the NABAS show and other industry events is a great way to establish new contacts and generate referrals
- NABAS membership list with details of other members for referrals
- Free advice from other NABAS members who are leaders in the industry – invaluable for those who are building their experience
- Discounted training opportunities at the NABAS Show and other NABAS events to develop your skills
- A selection of ‘Designs for Balloon Decorations’ sheets to add to your portfolio.